Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day # ?...I've really lost track. All I know is, PFO is almost over. Today was a really nice day. We had seminars in the morning; one in particular on how to protect the kids we will be teaching emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Most of this I have learned in my education classes, but is still always sad to hear the statistics of children that are abused. I naively thought that might be absent on the mission field...yet again, reminded how 'in the box' I think. This particular topic is hard to talk about and listen to, but always a good reminder of how to be aware and sensitive with the range of children that will be in my class. Afterwards, we got the afternoon off, and got to enjoy a talent show put on by participants of PFO. The Kenya Clan decided to participate by being really good audience members and enjoy the talents of others...and personally, I think we did a great job with that! Now we have set up the projector in our classroom, and are going to unwind from the day with a movie. Still loving these girls and will be missing them lots when I go. One and a half more days and it's back to Cali!

No comments:

Post a Comment