Monday, June 28, 2010

T-Minus 3 1/2 days and counting: Today was better than I expected. Our morning was full, but we got a nice break in the afternoon where I got to go for a nice run and swim which was much needed....especially after this morning's topic...being single on the mission field...my favorite topic (NOT). I found myself wanting to bolt from the pew I was sitting in and go for a run right there...to somewhere very far away. I feel a little strange putting this out in cyberspace for anyone to read, but it is an issue I deal with continually and feel it is important to be real in order for those of you who are praying for me, to add this topic to your list. The speaker talked about how being single allows for an opportunity to reach sometimes more people single than when we go over with a spouse. That is all well and good, but going to this new country 'alone' so to speak is something that really weighs on my mind. This whole thing is scary, and going by myself is even scarier. I am continually reminded God is with me, BUT, nevertheless, it is still scary! Anyway, some good points were made, and let's just say I am glad this particular lecture is done and over with. We then got a little bit into the philosophy of Christian education, which was quite interesting! After lunch, we met with our small group advisors to go over some personality tests we had taken before PFO...haha...very interesting stuff...I would reveal what they said, but then I'd have to...well, you know how it ends...j/k. Oh, I almost forgot, we got to meet our school director today and his wife and they are awesome people. I am excited to get to work with them...so different than what I've been dealing with at PBVUSD these last few years; a breath of fresh air. Now i get to gear up for my 2 page paper I am to write about all I've been learning...I am beginning to think school NEVER ends :/

No comments:

Post a Comment