Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What day is it??? I know I'm almost to the end, and boy am I ready. It's funny, today they told us when we get to our destinations, we will go through a honeymoon stage, a flight stage, fight stage, and acceptance stage (stuff we have been learning over and over again). However, what I noticed during that talk was that the stages I will be going through in Kenya have been the exact stages I've gone through here at PFO. The first couple of days were so fun and I just loved all the newness (honeymoon). Then, flight (wanting to get right back home to a real shower), and now I am in the fight stage (not quite here long enough to make it to the acceptance phase), and I am getting a bit frustrated with all the seminars, meetings, and uncomfortable surroundings. I am also realizing more and more each day what exactly is about to take place here in a few short weeks...I'm moving to Kenya!!! wait...what?...I'm moving to Kenya?!?! ...when did that happen? It's all quite emotional and digesting it each day is getting a little bit more difficult with each new seminar. Don't get me wrong...I'm excited...but wow...I"m moving to Kenya... As crazy as things are going to be when I get home, I am very ready to sleep in a real bed and take a shower in a shower I don't have to coordinate with 50 other girls (yes, there are four I believe for all of us...good times). Please pray for strength and perseverance as I finish up the last couple of days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment