Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day #3 (6/23/10): Spent the day learning about TCK's (third culture kids, or kids who have lived in another country other than their passport country) and how to create a classroom environment that allows us to relate to our kids and understand where some of them will be coming from. Good for me to know considering I will probably have third graders who have traveled more than I have! Lots and lots of good info! Also got to enjoy a run at the local gym with one of my soon to be colleagues, an evening church service where we got prayed over by a local baptist church, and then back to the gym for an evening swim. The days are packed here, but as you can tell, I still have time to fit in some fun activities as well as time to get to know the girls I'll be working with next year. I am continually amazed by what God is teaching me and how he is surrounding me with uplifting 'sisters' I already feel like I know. I can't express the joy I'm feeling and gratitude for how well everything is going! Bring on day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment