Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day #6- Today was quite interesting. We had safety training for in case of terrorist attacks, threats, or just basic common sense training when in an unfamiliar environment. It was kind of scary to think about the possibilities of danger, but I'd rather be a little scared than walk into this new culture completely naive. Luckily, East Africa is typically known more for muggings (if anything) than for murder...and yes, I say luckily, because money almost always takes care of those situations (so I've been told). I'm not worried though. I know, as cheesy as this may sound, that with God on my side, I will be fine, and I can honestly say that if anything were to happen, at least I will be serving Him in the process. May sound bizarre to some, but I have a true peace about walking into my upcoming situation. Anyway, on a lighter note, I am really starting to see how God is so detail oriented and I am so grateful. The group I am going over with are just so great and I can't say enough, how grateful I am for that. We all get along so well and I feel like I am already going over with a group of friends. Remember, I have only known them for 6 days...I don't know about you, but for me, this is amazing. God knew who I would do well with and he has blessed me so much with placing me with a group he knew I could thrive with. In addition to the details, God knew I would need a regular bed to sleep in, so I get to spend a night with Amanda and her family again which I am loving! Southaven is one of the most random places to have training, but I couldn't be more thankful to be close to one of my dearest friends and get a truly restful break from the long days at PFO. Lastly, favorite quote of the day "Americans have watches, but have no time. Africans have the time, but don't have watches." Love it and yay for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment